Thursday, July 1, 2010

Minecraft Day 1: Starting Small



This is my first glimpse at the new world.
It's sunrise and right away, I know I need to get supplies.

Luckily the area I start out in, has tons of trees. It appears that I am on the edge of a large island, or Continent. I'll explore there later, but for now I must PUNCH TREES.
I'm also looking for a place to settle down in, and make a fortress.

I have decieded upon an island fortress. The water will keep enemies at bay, and using such a small area of land will allow me to light it up easily. Something I don't think I'll accomplish tonight. I'm focusing on defense.
I quickly punch down the trees on this island, and place the foundation of my fortress. It's nothing special, and its really more of a house. But hell, its a start. I also remove the flowers from the land, and level out my base area, which comes out to a cliff over the sea. This might be usefull for escape. If everything goes bad.... I just hope that nothing bad happens tonight.
I've placed a workshop, which allows me to craft larger objects, and tools. Right away I make 2 doors, Its really a waste of wood, but its nice to not have to just barricade the entryway every night. Which.. I'm probably going to do anyways.
Here is the fort with my new double door set. The walls have been raised to... usable levels.
Also, later I removed the dirt in front of the house, it bothered me.
Its much more even now.
I decide that my island should be usefull for farming, for now its going to be trees. After all, I need the wood to build just about anything else, so I start planting saplings.
Just in time for the sunset.... You might notice, I am equipped with a farming implement.
I hope to start a farm here if the constant attacks on my sanity don't ruin that for me.

End Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment