Monday, July 5, 2010

Minecraft Day 9: Epic Cave Adventure Pt 1


So its currently the Night of day 8. I just wanted to show off my ligting on the bridge.
I can finally do some work at night. Not to much, but it is a start.


This is quite possibly the most epic screenshot I have ever taken for Minecraft. The moon setting in the background, and my forboding house. Its all brilliant.

When I get down into the cave from my mineshaft entrance, I quickly fortify the shaft. I don't want any monsters coming into the shaft area, and up into the world at all.
(Although sunlight makes them burn!) I'm safe to mine in the shaft now. I get some torches, and eventually deciede to conquer this cave. Thus beginning something I can only call
"THE EPIC CAVE ADVENTURE."
I store my extra stuff, acquire a stone sword, and head into the cave.
In all honesty, I'm not expecting to make it out alive. I don't have any armor. So during this adventure, I will not be gathering Iron. My goal is to light up the cave, so that enemies will no longer spawn in here, and I may mine it without fear.
I go down deep into the cave, slowly lighting up the path ahead of me, after a few minutes I see this:

My very first encounter with monsters. Five or Six Zombies in a hoard trying to attack me.
I had a luckily placed drop off, (In the picture) so they couldn't climb up to me. I made quick work of them safely with my sword.

The cave is dark as hell, and I can't see very far ahead of me. At any time, some unspeakable horror could come flying out at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment